We Begin with PRESCHOOL.
– This consists of four lessons a week, usually around a consistent theme. There is a fifth day devoted to review..
– Online School enrollment includes a one-day-a-week live session for games, stories, other learning activities & assessment. -Activities, instruction, and material lists are all found in the recorded segments and the PDFs.
– PRESCHOOL OBJECTIVES:
Study & Success Skills:
Opening exercises; Prayer Chain Project; 5 Basic Habits; Beehive Brain Box Learning System; John A Widstoe Reading Club; and
Learning letters and their phonics, plus the 25 most common words. Reading from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Scripture Storybooks, plus The Friend. Spelling family names, and words in the reading books and the phonics drills. Handwriting legibly in print. Knowledge of basic 5 parts of speech and how to write a good sentence. Writing of stories and reports; impromptu and extemporaneous speaking. To know how mankind learned to read and write and the purposes for our reading and writing.
Learning numbers, quantity, and numerals, odd & even, finger and chart math, time and calendars, basic shapes and their attributes, shapes, sizes, colors, sequencing, sorting, spatial reasoning, patterns, comparing and ordering numbers, addition and subtraction facts, place value exposure through 100.
World Studies: Knowledge of continents and oceans, name of one’s own village, city, county or parish, province or state, and nation. Locating each upon the map. Knowledge of earth as it was in the beginning, as it is now, and as it will be in the future. Basic physical World geography. Knowledge of an abbreviated world timeline. US Studies: Knowledge of the judgments upon the land of America, our responsibilities as good citizens, and the divine purposes of America, including some of the miracles wrought to bring the United States into being. Appreciation of the US Constitution with a basic understanding of such. Familiarity with the Pilgrims, George Washington, Christopher Columbus – the real story, and other early heroes. Learning of the Pledge of Allegiance and important dates in the American History timeline.
Seven weeks each of Health & Human Biology, Earth Science, Physics, Chemistry, and Life Sciences, with an additional week of review. Especial emphases on healthy habits, seasons, day and night, the sun, moon and earth’s orbit and structure, also place in the solar system; introduction to the various topics in physics, and in chemistry. We briefly study biomes, ecosystems and habitats, animal life cycles, plant life cycles and grow some food!
Scriptures: There are two classes daily, as President Benson asked the children of the Church to read and study from both the Book of Mormon and one other scripture a daily. We begin with a story and teaching from the Book of Mormon, and end with an Old, or New Testament, or Doctrine and Covenants, or Pearl of Great Price story with its moral.
Second, we offer KINDERGARTEN.
– This also consists of four lessons a week, usually around a consistent theme. There is a fifth day devoted to review.
– Online School enrollment includes a one-day-a-week live session for games, stories, other learning activities & assessment.
– Activities, instruction, and material lists are all found in the recorded segments and the PDFs.