3A – Non-Fiction Unit: Reading Comprehension, Plus
Beginning with Level 3, the Language Arts Courses are split into Semesters. The first deals with non-fiction topics, research and writing; the second with fiction, literary analysis, poetry, and poetry and story writing.
Ascent Advantage Original Course contains:
– Review of Language Arts Courses 1 & 2
– Reading Comprehension, with Vocabulary, Grammar and Mechanics Studies
– Writing – Reports, Descriptions, Research
– Learning How to Learn
– Oral Presentations
– John A. Widstoe Reading Club – Reading 30 minutes a day.
– A Child’s Introduction to Poetry – $17.75-$20.99 Ask about used or rental copies
– Little House in the Big Woods – $7.95
– Suggested Reading List – included in Syllabus
– Composition Books – 2 – One for Spelling and Vocabulary and one for Writings