6 – The Bible as Literature, Part II
The 5th & 6th Levels are devoted to a study of the Bible from 3 separate and distinct aspects.
– Scriptures – It is studied as scripture in Scripture Study Courses 5 & 6
– Language Arts – It is studied from its literary aspects in LA Courses 5 & 6
– It is studied for its exposition on ancient history in History Course 5 & 6.
– It is studied as the book from which the Founders gleaned the founding principles of American Government, principally the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution in History Courses 5 & 6 .
The original Ascent Advantage Academy Language Arts Course 5 covers:
– The Bible as Literature
– Literary Types
– Literary Devices
– Biblical Allusions, Idioms, and Proverbs
– Vocabulary studies
– Writing of Summaries
– Literary Analysis
– Oral Presentations
– John A. Widstoe Reading Club – Reading at least 30 minutes a day
Required Materials: (Also used in Language Arts Course 5)
– KJV Latter-day Saint Edition BIble – $11.00 from Church Distribution
– How to Read the Bible as Literature – $16.99 Ask about used & rental copies
– Two Composition Books – One for words; one for writings